- Topic: Supercapacitor materials production, Graphene oxide, synthesis and characterization, electrochemical analysis.
- Conditions: Candidate should have at least 2.5 average grade BSc, must be a MSc student, and should graduate from YTU Chem Department/Inorg Chem division (thesis is under my Supervisor).
- Contact: Interested candidates, Please take a reservation with email firstname.lastname@example.org, also to face-to-face talk office Fen Edeb Fak. D Blok, Room: D-1016 (ofis tel 212 3834175).
Welcome to Bahadır KESKİN's home page.
We study on tetrapyrole macrocyclic compounds such as Phthalocyanines, porphyrines and porphyrazines, and also organometallic compounds as ferrocene derivatives. We sythesis and characterize these compounds. Beyond this, we work on physical, chemical and biological properties of this compounds like as electrochemical and spectrochemical, electrical (dielectric constants), optical (band-gap calculations), antifungal, antibacterial and antioxidant activities of these compounds with our colleagues.
Phthalocyanine (Pc) is a beautifully symmetrical 18 p-electron aromatic macrocycle, closely related to the naturally occuring porphyrins. Like the porphyrins, the Pc macrocycle can play host to over seventy different metal ions in its central cavity. Since its discovery over seventy years ago, Pc and its derivatives have been extensively used as colorants (dyes or pigments).
A Supercapacitor is an electrochemical capacitor that has an unusually high energy density when compared to common capacitors. Supercapacitor is also known as Electric Double Layer Capacitor(EDLC) or Ultra capacitor. The capacitance range is from 100 Farad to 10KFarad.
- Stores high amount of energy.
- High rates of charge and discharge.
- Have high capacitance.
- Low toxicity.
- High cycle efficiency (95%)
Little degradation over thousands of cycles.
Dye-Sensitized Solar Cell (DSSC):
Now that we are near the end of the first decade of the 20th century, future energy demands make for sobering reading. The world currently uses about 13 terawatts (TW) of energy, and it is predicted by 2050, an additional 10 TW will be required. Not only that, the additional energy required will be have to be carbon neutral. Not only that, we are heading for peak oil. Considering all of this, what is the role of solar energy?
- Faculty of Arts & Science
- Department of Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry